· Henry Ford was one of several people who helped the US become a country of motorists.
· His inexpensive Model T was the first car that everyone could buy. “I will build a car for the great multitude.”
· When Henry Ford introduced the assembly line, it could make a Model T in 24 seconds.
· He introduced the V8 engine.
· Henry Ford built and drove race cars in his early career. This demonstrated that his produced designs were reliable.
· He also established schools in seven different places in the country.
· During World War Two the Ford Motor Company made jeeps, tanks, etc for the Armed Forces.
· He made a car out of soybean plastic.
· Henry’s ideas made him a national celebrity.
· Henry Ford died at his home in Fair Lane in 1947.